Friday, December 31, 2010

So I've trimmed the list...

I took "I Know That I Can't" off. It was always kind of on there tentatively, since it's one of my older songs and it's really not all that great. The best thing it has going for it is a little lift to a D augmented chord in the hook of the song (much like what Eddie Money did on "Baby Hold On"), and that's just not enough to get past the crap lyrics I wrote. I was in a phase of writing about guys who aren't good enough (which apparently comes and goes in my writing), and this was one of my lesser attempts at telling that guy's story.

I'm actually hoping to write a few that can replace the older ones, but since my writing has been crippled by my "creative bladder's swollen prostate" (hoping it's not cancer), it's just a trickle these days if at all.

I'm hoping to get 15 songs on the final album (up from the 13 I originally picked), and there are 17 or 18 in contention now, so here we go!

Happy New Year to all!
TMS

No comments: