Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Frats, scat...

So we (meaning Roman Holiday) played a house party this past weekend. It was uneven musically, but fun. Part of the reason we had some issues was related to having to keep the volume down ridiculously low so it wouldn't carry far enough for the neighbors to call the police. It didn't work. The cops eventually shut us down a little after 11pm.

I was going to give the Dean ML bass its debut, but it didn't pan out.

It was pretty fun, though, and showed us what we need to work on. The hosts were awesome, even if one of the meat dishes they made for the party smelled like poop to me. I have a weird sense of smell, though.

This coming weekend we're playing at a fraternity party at Texas A&M. It should be interesting, since these guys have a specific idea of what stuff they want to hear.

I'm going to try and work out a Nine Inch Nails tune ("Closer") for this weekend, but I'm a little scared about it because I need to know exactly where to come in or it'll be a fustercluck...I'm also going to have my 80s hair metal ballads at the ready for the schmaltz factor. Apparently they want the girls to have a good time, which is pretty much our raison d'etre.

Problem? I don't know exactly what 20-year-old girls think is cool, but I'm fairly certain it isn't on our song list. We'll see.

It will be interesting. I'm looking forward to the three of us piling into Ned's truck, though. That will be cool.

No comments: