Thursday, June 26, 2008

Musicalings

I really have nothing to say, except that summer must be a time for me to be musically unsatisfied. I did add an old demo of one of my tunes to my site. I'm also working on some remixes of the more recent songs on there (tweaking because I don't like the mixes I have posted).

As for the band - it's a never-ending fight for me to make time to dedicate to it. I'm still not completely up on all the words to all our songs yet, and it's kind of frustrating right now because we haven't played in a while (July 1 is the next show), so it's not really a good situation, in general. It's weird because I really love to spend time with Ned...and we have fun with the shows. When there's a lag, that stuff sort of falls to the side.

I'm dying to play guitar live. I mean, to the point that I've almost considered posting an ad on Craigslist to see if anyone wanted to start another band to play a different set of songs than what Roman Holiday does. I might build tracks for the band that have my bass on it, too, for certain songs where two guitars would be helpful. Make a little mini-set of guitar, too.

The reality is that I really need to just get a grip and accept the reality - the only way I'm getting out there and playing guitar is if I start the solo acoustic project I'd like to do. I should probably just buy one of those Digitech harmony thingers (because I could use it for the band as well) and start making contacts. I know I'm good enough to do it, and I know I want to do it. I'm just piss-poor at making time for this stuff. I'm sure I could get in and play a happy hour at Cedar Street.

I know I've been blathering about that for a while now...and I'd really like to make it happen. Back to not practicing...

No comments: