Monday, January 21, 2008

New Project?

I'm starting a new thing with a guy from work who plays with a fun (though ragtag) local band called "The Empire" (at first I thought they were a Queensrÿche tribute band).

It's interesting, because I think he's a talented cat, and I think we're going to have fun, but putting it together will be a process, because I don't think he's ever worked with anyone quite like me. It might scare him off completely, or it might be inspiring.

Either way, look for our little duo out playing guitars and singing sometime before the summer. It might end up as another trio, too, but I hope not, because I want to play guitar.

If we go by the songs he picked from my "I already played this crap" list, it's going to be mostly modern rock stuff. Of course I'll be doing my acoustic show standards, Lionel Richie's "Hello" and Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time" (Fountains of Wayne style). We're probably going to incorporate our original stuff, too, so it might be a really fun project.

I'm sure that it will just inspire the work I'm doing with Roman Holiday, and just make me better as a singer...plus it scratches my guitar itch.

No comments: