Friday, January 11, 2008

Switching it up

Sometimes it can be really fun to switch it up some.

Wednesday night, Ned and I rehearsed some of the band's tunes, but Rob (percussionmeister) couldn't make it, so I grabbed the mic and brought it over to the drumkit and rapped/sang the songs (two rap tunes, one funk) while I played the drums. It was borderline scary, performance-wise, but it was a whole lot of fun.

It reminded me that if I ever really wanted to be a decent drummer, I probably could if I just invested the time. Plus it sort of freaked me out that I was able to keep a beat at all while I was singing (rapping).

It really made me want to buy a drum set, actually, but I don't have any room for one. Perhaps when I finally get my garage cleaned out I can do that.

I really want to come up with a tune where we can switch it up during the song, since Rob plays guitar pretty well and I'm sure Ned can figure out the bass. Almost like a chinese fire drill, but with instruments!

Tonight is Killeen - it should be a blast! We love the duck!
(and no, that "u" is not supposed to be an "i")

No comments: