Monday, March 17, 2008

Nice visit

As I mentioned in my last post, my "little brother" Caleb came down for South By Southwest and I got to spend some time with him on Saturday.

It just reminded me how sad I am that I don't live closer to him, because I think that more than just about anyone I've actually written songs with, Caleb and I could really come up with some amazing music together. He hears the same things I hear, he notices the little things/chord progressions that I use that no one else pays attention to. He has that same level of care about the little things that make simple sound great.

I guess if it's meant to happen, it'll happen. Anyway, Caleb - thanks for making time for hanging out with me. Next time we'll take more time...

Also, much love to my cousin Ryan who came up to visit from Houston. You've grown up into a pretty kick-ass guy, and I enjoyed wandering aimlessly around downtown Austin with you on Friday night.

And this (the Roman Holiday demo video - it's all we've got for now):

1 comment:

Bill said...

It's been way too long since I've seen you play. You're waaaaaay better than I remember.
kutgw