Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fill ins, New Drummer - News from Schizoland

So...things have been pretty busy/interesting in Schizoland.

Got a new drummer in the Roman Holiday - her name is Rachel Fuhrer, and she totally kicks ass, both as a drummer and as a person. We're looking forward to having her with us as part of our little "gang".

Let's see...what else...oh, I'm filling in with one of Central Texas' best party bands this weekend for the first time - it should be fun. Lots of tunes from back in my Slaphappy days, so it'll be a nice walk down memory lane. Plus I get to do a 30-minute acoustic set to start the night, so it should be just dandy!

My pals in Something Distant just released their debut EP on iTunes - go check them out and buy the album. It has 6 new songs and 2 live bonus tracks. They kick ass in a mainstreamy sort of way, and it has my favorite rhythm section in Jacksonville, Florida on there - Jon Kretzer and John Palmer. A lot of the tracks (perhaps all the studio ones?) were produced by former Monkey The Fish (Jax people might know them)/current Story: Side B frontman/musical genius Lu Rubino.

Also, this Friday up at the Duck in Temple will be our last Roman Holiday gig with Rob Wade on drums - we will miss him immensely.

I'm going to be working on some new music and some remixes of my songs really super soon, so hopefully I'll have some new shizz to share within the next week or two.

And as a footnote, I'd like to share this:
www.coolsucks.com/tripperph.mp3

I loves me some Jimi Hendrix. And Chef.

No comments: