Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wow, It's Been A While...

I just realized I haven't posted in quite some time, so here it goes...

My musical life is pretty much the same, with one notable exception:
Roman Holiday's drummer is quitting the band!

So, my FAVORITE process begins again, going through and hearing drummers, trying to find just the right guy to fit our weird little "80s-and-more-power-trio" dynamic...let's just say it's something I really don't enjoy. I like playing with people, but sometimes it can turn out so bad...just either a complete asshole personality or bad drumming. I'm not absurdly picky, but being a singing bass player, the drummer needs to have solid time and consistency, otherwise it makes my job really hard, holding down a groove while singing.

Our recent shows have almost all been pretty awesome. I just wish I had more time to work on music - I essentially have just about none...not even time to really rehearse the songs we are currently playing.

I haven't written anything since the American Idol song (which didn't make the finals - no shocker there), but I have remixed a couple of the songs with Jon on drums and those mixes will hopefully make the site soon.

I think my next step is finding a means to get out there and play some acoustic shows - I know I've mentioned this scores of times on this blog, but I think it would be super fun to do. I got a teeny taste of it after our show at the Duckhorn up in Killeen, and it reminded me how much I really want to do it.

Time to make a demo!

Also, time to find a good drummer!

Until we meet again...

No comments: