Saturday, June 16, 2007

Johnny Fins Acoustic

So half of Roman Holiday played a gig at Johnny Fins tonight.

It was decent, though there were times I wanted my cohort to just stop playing. We hadn't rehearsed enough, so the rhythm work was pretty all over the place on the songs we played together.

The crowd hung around, though...that was so cool. I guess we didn't suck.

The staff was friendly and nice, and I got to play "Elenore" by the Turtles and "Hello" (my acoustic show staple) by Lionel Ritchie.

I enjoyed it. No ringing ears after the show, and a nice check in my pocket. I think I could get used to this sort of thing.

It was good practice for becoming the singer, because it really showed me where I was inconsistent.

I think my next bit of therapy will be recording every song we do acoustically so I can hear where I need to improve.

I think that might be a helpful thing. I also need to learn how to breathe like a singer, because I was running out of air all night. It was really pissing me off.

Well, enough about me...oh, wait, no, this is my goddamn blog! Peace to all!

No comments: