Sunday, June 3, 2007

Triumph (and I ain't talkin' 'bout the dog)

So all my singing fears were pretty much pointless. Some songs I tanked, most songs sounded great, we were very inconsistent musically, but in the end, it was a pretty damn good gig!

The ROT rally folks were pretty cool, and I got to see Leslie's freckled man-butt through a thong (a uniquely Austin experience), and the staff at the Iron Cactus was AWESOME.

So I view the show as a triumph. The next test? An acoustic show at Johnny Fins in two weeks. It should be quite interesting, because I don't know how well it's going to go without a drummer.

We will be trotting out a very cool version of "Pour Some Sugar On Me", though. :)

Gotta find the fun anywhere you can get it. I might slip in a few originals, too, just for good measure.

No comments: