Thursday, August 9, 2007

Ego boost...

This was sent in response to a Roman Holiday e-mail list post by Ned:
"The other band that has rocked my world is Roman Holiday (http://www.romanholidayband.com/). They stepped in when The Recliners had to cancel out on a reception I was hosting for a conference last week. Roman Holiday is a three piece with one of the most amazing bass players I've seen on stage in a long time. He plays like John Taylor and sings like... well, whoeverthehell he wants to. They do AC/DC, The Beastie Boys, Smash Mouth, The Ramones... well the song list is on the web site. AND they'll be adding Duran Duran soon! Woot! They are playing on Saturday at 10pm at The Light Bar, which is located across the street from the Frost Bank Building at 4th and Congress. Their regular drummer had to drop out due to work but the sit in (a chic drummer and she's hot!) is really great and if they hadn't told me I would not have known they hadn't rehearsed."

...and that was a show with barely any rehearsal, played with Casey, who had barely picked up sticks in five months.

Comments like these just remind me of the reality that no matter how much you think you suck, someone probably thinks you're awesome. Thanks to the folks who came out to Stubb's, and especially the hosts of the party for reminding me of that by sending these wonderful comments along.

No comments: