Monday, May 28, 2007

It's been a little while...

Life is really good at intervening.

Another lesson of making music...no matter how much you want to get stuff done, sometimes life (your responsibilities to yourself and the ones you love) is simply much more important.

Right now I've been working on getting the Roman Holiday demo with me singing together, because, well, we don't know what the future holds, and we might as well have something that will sound like what we sound like (i.e. with me singing lead) for getting new venues.

It's all up in the air as far as auditions are concerned...especially considering last Thursday's auditions were horrifying. First, we had this nice gentleman named Scott. He belonged at the American Idol auditions, because he was completely deluded. The man can't sing. He can barely play guitar. His tone was horrible. Not to mention the fact that he would be a William Hung-esque nightmare fronting a party band.

The second auditioner (Whitney) didn't bother to show up - "oh, I forgot..." Look, girl - show a little goddamn respect. All I know is that if I tell someone I'm interested in being a part of their band, I'm actually interested in the band and I will fucking remember to show up. Truly pathetic.

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure you can tell I've been stressed. More auditions this week...I want this to be over so we can just get back to the band and I can get back to making my own music. As of right now I have to learn our entire songlist, because I don't want to have a music stand with a lyric book on stage if I can help it. I'll probably just put the book on the floor, just in the event of catastrophic brain farts...

No comments: