Thursday, July 5, 2007

Bourbon Rocked

So we had a pretty good show last night at Bourbon Rocks.

If there was any script I'd write to the last few gigs leading up to some time away, this would be an acceptable draft - we had a few really nice fans hang out all night, and the flighty BR crowd hung out for a while to begin with, then almost all the way through the second set, and bailed before the third set. After that, the second wave came in at about 12:45 a.m. and went APESHIT.

Special thanks go to the nice ladies who I will call "Pittsburgh D.C." and "You're a CPA?" (because I am so tired, I have no idea what their names were). They kept it fun all night with their enthusiasm and their kindness. (And PDC's Oneders jokes...)

I actually drank three beers last night, too. I don't generally drink more than one.

My voice held out through all the abuse until we tried to do "Any Way You Want It" by Journey - it was pretty horrible and hilarious. The voice came back after massaging it with some Sublime ("Santeria" and "What I Got"), and I was fine for the whole show. That's pretty good vocal endurance for a guy who generally doesn't have much time to work on it.

I was listening to my songs at work today, and I realized I need to go in and re-sing just about everything with vocals on it. I've improved so much vocally in the past couple of years that the recordings I made before that sound like crap to me.

So I think that's the first thing I'm going to tackle - re-singing (and in some cases, re-arranging) my songs I've already finished.

Then, I'll go through and make good demos of every song that doesn't have one yet.

THEN, I'll do some more writing.

Unless inspiration strikes first...

No comments: