Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I can't stand music.

I think I've finally figured out my problem.

I have musical ADD.

Even with music I love, I always end up changing the track before it's over.

I think about the task of creating something in a studio, and it makes me go, "that takes too long".

I think about spending time learning the words to the songs I have to sing, and I go "I'll memorize them eventually" because I simply do not have the patience to sit through the original recordings of the songs we play for any amount of time, especially not over and over again.

I'm constantly flipping stations on the radio, and I can never decide on a CD, and when I do, it usually goes in for about four tracks and then I move on to the next disc...

So it comes down to this: I can't stand music...and yet I love it.

It really has become the PITA girlfriend of my life. You love her, but she's a bitch that treats you like crap.

Thank God my wife isn't like that...then I'd have two.

I keep thinking of a silver lining in all this, or at least an explanation, and I think it comes down to these two things:
1. I'll still do it, no matter how much it wrongs me, because it is such an important part of who I am.
2. The reason it happens is just an overabundance of stimuli in my life, from work to traffic to kids. Sometimes peace and quiet is in short supply, and music isn't exactly peace and quiet for me.

So let it be known that the MUSICAL Schizo can't stand music. A truly Schizo behavior...

No comments: