Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Well...after giving it some thought (and listening to some convincing begging...)

I've decided to "un-quit" the band.

Why, you might ask? Well, it's pretty simple. The band's demands were becoming too much for me, and I really wasn't all that excited about it anymore (when it becomes WORK, it's time to move on).

Standards have been put into place that will make the time worth it for all concerned.

So, I'm back as lead singer of Roman Holiday. The jury is still out on whether I'll remain bassist/lead singer or move to guitarist/lead singer, but I will be the lead singer.

We don't have many gigs booked, so we're in a major period of rebuilding. We need a drummer and a bass player.

If you know anyone, send them to www.myspace.com/romanholidayband or www.romanholidayband.com.

I'm still going to do all the other things I want to do musically, I'm just going to work with Ned to try and keep this band going, because we sound really good, and we can sound even better.

Next gig is July 28th at the Light Bar in downtown Austin (4th and Congress). Probably the last one with Mike on drums...who knows if we'll have a new bass player by then. Ah, life in a cover band that's falling apart...

No comments: