Friday, July 20, 2007

M-Audio IE-10 Earphones...and other ramblings

So, I broke down and purchased a new pair of isolation earphones, because the cheapie Philips ones I bought sounded like horsecrap.

Talk about night and day...these things are AWESOME! I hope they sound as good when I use them in the band, because they sounded fantastic even with the mp3s on my iRiver H320.

The only thing that worries me is the size of the cable - its length - but I'm no size queen...I'll make it work.

I changed guitars at work. I brought my Ibanez. It's cool. I use it with my old Korg Pandora (the PX-2 from many moons ago). People always look at me weird when I crack it out, though. Such is life as a guy who doesn't really give a hoot what the folks at work think. If I've got to wait around for a computer that won't run fast enough (or co-workers who aren't working fast enough), I'm going to have something productive to do while I wait.

There's a patch I made on the Pandora that sounds utterly fantastic. One of these days I'll record a sample and post it. I didn't think it was capable of that good a sound, but I managed to make it work. Yeehaw!

Next gig is a week from Saturday at The Light Bar. We have two drummers coming in tomorrow for auditions. I really hope we find just the right guy...I'm tired of looking.

No progress on the creation front, but I think I'm going to start writing lyrics just to write them at work. More "be productive with forced downtime" activity.

Oh yeah, and I do love music. It just doesn't always love me back. Reminds me of a girl I once knew...who am I kidding? Most of the girls I once knew... :P

No comments: